Simplifying Digital Banking with a
new resource for Seniors.
July kicks off Senior's month for us here at Scotiabank T&T, a time to honour the contribution of seniors in our communities.
To celebrate, we’ve launched a new information hub for seniors called Bank with Confidence; a tool to guide customers through all of the possibilities that digital banking has to offer.
The information hub has been launched as a way to help seniors feel more comfortable banking at home. It includes OnLine Banking tips, step by step guides, information on understanding the safety and security of OnLine Banking and more. I encourage all of our customers to get online and learn about the tools and advice available to them. The resource is available on tt.scotiabank.com/seniors and will be particularly useful as customers continue to navigate the challenges presented by COVID-19.
Quick Facts about the Seniors Centre
- Our Bank with Confidence digital hub helps Seniors learn the basics of digital banking, while expanding their range of self-serve tasks.
- Digital options are available for your everyday banking needs, such as accessing account statements (e-statements), checking your account balance and account history, transferring money between accounts, sending money to other local banks and paying bills using Scotia OnLine Banking or the Scotia Caribbean Mobile App.
- Once you’ve registered for Scotia OnLine Banking, you are automatically enrolled for Scotiabank Alerts. This means, you get real time Alert messages for every transaction on your account(s).
- The first hour at all of our branches is still dedicated to serving elderly and disabled customers so they can conduct transactions that are not yet available using Scotia OnLine Banking and the Scotia Caribbean App.
- The Scotia Caribbean App offers multiple layers of security- including support for fingerprint and face recognition sign in (depending on your device and OS).
- Signing in to Scotia OnLine is safer and more secure – a verification code will be sent to your valid email address, each time you sign in.
Seniors make up a large portion of our customer base. Their health and safety at this time are a major focus for us as there is no vaccine for the virus. They are the most vulnerable in our communities and we’re committed to developing initiatives to help them get their banking done remotely, reducing touch points so they can stay home and stay safe.