Mortgage Application Checklist
Applying for your mortgage is easier when you're prepared.
When you meet with your Scotiabank Mortgage Specialist to choose the mortgage that's right for you, you'll need to have some documents handy.
For Mortgage Loans
- Agreement of Sale
- Copy of deed/Certificate of Title
- Copies of lease receipts (if applicable)
- Up-to-date land and building taxes and water rates
- Water & Sewerage Authority (WASA) Clearance Certificate
- Two forms of valid identification (Identification Card, Driver's Permit/Passport)
- Confirmation of savings/debt
- Job letter
- Recent pay slip
- If self employed, evidence to support income e.g. financial statements for the last 12 Months or more
- builders risk and comprehensive home insurance coverage
For Non Resident Applicants
- Two Forms of Valid Identification to be notarized
- Trinidad & Tobago (T&T) Nationals to provide confirmation via Birth Certificate and/or T&T Passport/Identification Card
- Job Letter to be notarized
- Copies of filed Income Tax Returns (notarized) are required for at least two (2) years
- Equifax and/or Esperian and/or Transunion Credit Report(s) for all applicants
Please note, this list may not include everything your specialist requires to complete your application.