New account opening checklist
New to Scotia? Here's what you'll need to open your first account with us.
1. Your identification
Minimum of one valid form of ID:
- National ID Card
- Driver’s Permit
2. Your proof of address
One of the following:
- Utility bill (not older than 6 months and excluding mobile)
- Tax Assessment
- Bank Statement
- Contract for rental from landlord
3. Your proof of income/occupation
- If Employed: job letter or most recent pay slip
- If Self-Employed: proof of income generation in the business name (e.g. bank statements, receipt books, contracts)
5. Complete and sign all documentation.
6. Collect and pin your card.
In addition to items 1-3, submit:
- A reference letter from your Foreign Bank OR Bank Statement
- Your Tax Identification Information
Joint Parties or Signatories
If you're adding joint parties or signatories to your account, be sure to walk with their documentation listed in items 1-3.
Note: Additional documents may be required depending on the nature of your application.