New account opening checklist
New to Scotia? Here's what you'll need to open your first account with us, online.
Be sure to scan and save these documents, in order to complete the online process.
You'll also need to bring hard copies of these documents when visiting the branch, to authenticate.
1. Your identification
Minimum of one valid form of ID:
- National ID Card
- Driver’s Permit
2. Your proof of address
One of the following:
- Utility bill (not older than 6 months and excluding mobile)
- Tax Assessment
- Bank Statement
- Contract for rental from landlord
3. Your proof of income
- If employed: job letter or most recent pay slip (not older than 3 months)
- If self-employed: proof of income generation in the business name (e.g. bank statements, receipt books, contracts)
4. Next, make an appointment at your selected branch.
5. Visit the branch to verify your identity and authenticate your documents.
6. Collect and pin your card.
In addition to items 1-3, you'll be required to submit:
- A reference letter from your Foreign Bank OR Bank Statement
- Your Tax Identification Information
Joint Parties or Signatories
If you're adding joint parties or signatories to your account, be sure to walk with their documents listed in items 1-3.
If the account you'd like to open is not available online, please make an appointment to visit your preferred branch and walk with the documents listed above.
- Additional documents may be required depending on the nature of your application.
Already have an account with us?
You can open an additional account from the Scotia Caribbean App.