A message from
Director Human Resources.
Last updated: 06/04/2020
A very special thank you to our employees!
We are very proud of our employees who continue to work diligently to ensure we provide dedicated service to our customers and to ensure the we continue to meet the needs of all Trinidadians & Tobagonians.
While the vast majority of banking services can be performed remotely, our branches and contact centres continue to offer critical services in support of Trinidad & Tobago as well as the Caribbean region. We have taken many precautionary measures to ensure that all our locations remain as safe as possible for both our employees and customers. These measures include:
Public & Workspaces
- reconfigured workspaces, including splitting sites and teams and significantly reduced density in all our locations
- practicing social distancing measures for workplaces that remain open
- increased sanitization and deep cleaning measures at our branches and locations
- reduced amount of customers allowed into our branches at any given time
- reduced services offered at branches to encourage customers to transact via non-branch channels to reduce in-branch traffic
- installed Plexiglass shields at our counters to provide physical separation at our branches
- hanged the denomination of bills in our ATMs to 100TTD in order to minimize the amount of maintenance required at each machine
Employee Life & Experience
- introduced more remote work options
- physically moved equipment to over 100 employees’ homes in order to allow them to work now work from home
- temporarily reduced our branch network by 50% to allow more staff to be at home
- extended the benefits of the Customer Assistance Program to our employees
- implemented a Pandemic Leave Policy to assist those who need it for matters relating to child care, pre-existing conditions, quarantine
- continuing to support employees whose workplaces are closed with paid leave
- teaming up with a local medical practitioner to provide employees with remote medical advice
- publishing on our internal sites up-to-date information on COVID-19 and resources available to them
- providing mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program
- regularly emphasizing preventative hygiene practices
This global pandemic has challenged our team and they have responded with pride, honour and grace.
We could not be more proud of how our employees continue to come in and show all our customers what it means to be the Best Relationship Bank.
We continue to listen to and support our team and will continue to add to these measures as the situation evolves.
Director Human Resources