Scotiabank | UWI Scholarships.
We are committed to making an impact and investing in a better future for our young people.
For over 2 decades, we have assisted students in Trinidad and Tobago - through our contribution of annual scholarships - realize their full potential and contribute to enhancing the lives of their families and communities. To date, approximately 150 scholarships have been awarded to students at UWI St. Augustine, Trinidad campus.
Students receive assistance with their studies in: Banking and Finance, Accounting, Computer Science and Information Technology, and Economics.
Every year, this program assists 10 students to receive the financial aid they deserve, enabling them to realize their full potential and contribute to enhancing the lives of their families and communities.
Here's how the application process works:
- Students are eligible for scholarships/grants for 1st, 2nd and 3rd (final) years of UWI studies, for each academic year.
- Each year, the Scholarships & Bursaries application period for Year 1 students opens in August with a closing date of September 30.
- For returning students, applications open in January with a closing date of May 31.
- The UWI Campus Committee for Undergraduate Awards (CCUA) assesses all applications and awards recipients.
- The CCUA convenes twice per academic year (August & October) to consider all applications and to assign recipients.
- Once the recipients have been assigned, Scotia is then provided with the list.
- Scotia | UWI Scholarships are based on academic merit (min GPA 3.0) and financial need.
- Each year, ten (10) students pursuing studies in select areas: Accounting, Banking and Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management, are awarded $10,000 each.
- The CCUA advises the students/ beneficiaries approved to receive scholarships.
- Scotia remits scholarship funds to UWI who then liaises with beneficiaries to ensure they receive the funds.