Your transacations at Point of Sale and ATMs are safer than ever with your NEW ScotiaCard> now equipped with Chip technology. With this added security, you can shop with peace of mind.
Mini Chip. Mega Protection.
Your transactions are more secure than ever, when you use your new chip card, along with your Personal Identification Number (PIN) in a chip payment terminal or at ATMs.
Greater Access. Worldwide Acceptance.
Access the funds in your account at ATMs with Visa or Plus logos displayed, and to make purchases anywhere Visa is accepted.
So many benefits.
- Enjoy increased limits for daily point of sale and ATM withdrawal limits
- Replace your old Premium ScotiaCard™ with the new Visa DEBIT with chip technology, for free
- Your VISA Platinum comes with (www.visa-platinum.com):
- Increased Price Protection,up to USD$2,000
- Purchase Protection up to USD$10,000
- Extended Warranty on purchases up to USD$10,000
- Auto Rental Insurance
- Emergency Card Replacement Services–1day
- Worldwide access to VISA Concierge and VISA Luxury Hotel Collection
Same access to your account through Self Service banking channels:
- Scotia OnLine (Online Banking)
- ATMs that display the Visa or Plus logos
- Telescotia (Telephone Banking)
- All purchases and transactions are listed on your statement.
- Safer than carrying cash.
- You can use your existing PIN†*
Easy to use.
- Insert your Scotiabank Visa Debit Chip card into the Point of Sale terminal and leave it in the device for the duration of the transaction to enable electronic authentication.
- Follow the prompts on the screen and enter your PIN to verify transaction.
- When the transaction is complete, the screen will instruct you to remove your card and wait for the receipt.
® Registered trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia, used under licence (where applicable).
™ Trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia, used under license.
* Indicates a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Used under licence by The Bank of Nova Scotia.
†*If you do not remember your PIN, you will get a new one. In order to get your new PIN, you will need to provide two pieces of ID. Fees may apply for ATMs outside of the Scotiabank network.